Disclaimer: This guide is not going to go over strategy’s or anything like that, its going to be a list of tips and tricks that are not widely known about Drogoz. There are also going to be a lot of things here that more veteran players will already know about. But I can grantee that at lest one of them, even a veteran player will not know about.
So this will probably be pretty short, as most things about Drogoz as well known at this point considering how long he has been out. Buuuut… I like to experiment and try and find out all I can about things I like. So over the years, I have learned a great deal of many things about Drogoz that are not well known about.
So here are a few tricks, that I have gained over my 140 hours of Drogoz.
1. You can direct hit someone and still detonate a loogie from the explosion radius. Now I don’t see this being used all that much, and I’m not too sure why. But, if you throw a loogie close to someone and then shoot a rocket directly at the person and hit them. You will do the damage from the direct shot of the rocket, and then the explosive damage from the loogie. Meaning you just did 1850 damage instantly. And over 2000 damage instantly if you used Fusillade, or Combustible.
Now this should be a general note to Drogoz, but you don’t need to directly shoot the loogie to detonate it. It will explode as long as you hit it in the explosion radius of your rockets.
2. You can pre-load Salvo rockets before you get onto your horse, or before you ult. This should be common knowledge, but I still find a few people here and there that don’t know about this. If you pre-load the salvo rockets before you get on your horse, they will still be pre-loaded when you get off your horse. This also happens with you ult. If you pre-load the rockets before you ult, they will stay pre-loaded after you exit your ult. Allowing for instant use of Salvo.
3. You can keep the momentum from your horse by jumping and dismounting, in that order quickly. This should also be common knowledge I feel, but a lot of people don’t know it. If you are riding your horse, then jump and then you quickly press a key, any key that will dismount you, you will keep all the momentum from the horse, and will be able to fly around shortly at horse speed.
3.5. Just as a mini fact, Booster will try and slow you down to the flight speed of booster while it is active and going faster then its flight speed. Keywords, ‘While it is active’. You can delay the slow of it by just not using Booster as much as possible. Easier said then done I know.
4. Nimble will increase your booster speed. Again, this should probably be common knowledge, but I still find some people that are not aware of this. If you buy Nimble, it will increase your booster flight speed. Nimble will also stack with W.Y.R.M Jets, but will have diminishing returns.
5. The Fire Spit is affected by Gravity. This should be pretty obvious, but again, some people don’t know. The loogie is in fact affected by Gravity to a small extent. Try it in the shooting range even. If you fire completely level over a flat portion of ground, the loogie will eventually drop down till it hits the ground. So if you are trying to snipe someone at long range with a loogie, fire it slightly more up and your rocket at the lower part of the loogie to make sure your going to hit it.
6. You do have self knock back from your rockets. Now this is a bit more situational… Well, very situational. But it has come in useful a few times. Jump, fire a rocket at your feet and Thrust at just the right time, you will gain a bit of extra height. Not enough to compensate for the uncalled for 30% nerf to his vertical mobility. But you will gain about 15-20% extra height if you get it just right.
This is the most noticeable on Salvo. If you fire your Salvo directly below you, then booster and move to the left, you will gain a ton of horizontal speed. This sometimes can help you cross a gap a sniper is watching, as they won’t expect you to be moving as fast.
But generally, this is not a good tactic to use. It will sometimes come in useful, and can save you in certain situations. But it is extremely situational, and most times its not worth the self damage.
7. Spitfire and Hyper Boost will proc on Shields and Deployables. Now this, I feel should be very well known, considering it actually tells you on the card it self. But still, some people don’t know. This should be a general note, if it says targets hit, it will mean it will proc on deployables and shields as well as champions. Basically anything you are able to deal damage to will proc it. If it says on Champions hit, it will only work when hitting another champion.
8. The on hit effect of Fire Spit is actually universal, not just for Drogoz. This is interesting, and it is true. All weapon attacks made to a champion hit by a loogie will deal 30% more damage. Not just for Drogoz.
9. The 30% bouns damage effect also applies to shields and deployables. Not much to say here really. But the damage amp also works here as well. So if you loogie a shield, all weapon attacks to the shield will deal 30% more damage.
10. Dying does not reset your cooldowns. This is more general for every champion. But it will only come into play for a few of them with long cooldowns. Such as Drogoz. His 20 second Salvo ability will be on cooldown still even after you respawn if you used it just before you died. This can get you caught out as you were expecting to have a Salvo ready, but you didn’t.