This guide will show you how to master rotation and travelling in the Fortnite Island. Currently, the mobility items and vehicles that are in the map are:
- The Ballers
- Impulse Grenades
- Water Vents/Volcano
- Launch Pad
I am not going to go through every item in the list, as some of them don’t need explaining, and there is nothing to master.
The Ballers are the main vehicle at the moment. They are fast, small and can go anywhere in the map with the grappler attached to it. They can be found in: The pirate ship in Lazy Lagoon, Frosty Flights, expedition sites, and the expedition base north of the volcano. Here are a few tips with the ballers:
- Flipping your camera up just as your about to boost will increase your momentum.
- Boost as you leave the ground, when swinging on trees and other tall objects, and boost as your letting go of the grappler
- Use water vents, volcano, and the lavafall to launch yourself into the air and go far distance. This makes you very fast as you land. And if your baller gets destroyed after launching yourself with water vents, you won’t die from fall damage (same with any vehicle)
- Use the fast speed and grappler to disengage fights. Keep in mind that it only takes 10 AR shots for your baller to get destroyed.
- You can use the auto-run feature on Ballers, and other vehicles.
Here are a few tips for the Quadcrashers and driftboard:
- If you are emoting, or you have a weapon out, you will be a lot slower (dirftboard)
- Make a ramp, and as you get off it, boost yourself into the air (upwards/sideways). Try doing this in Creative Mode, as this is really difficult.
- It would be better to engage fights when someone to start shooting you, rather then try to escape. You are exposed quite easily, so they won’t have trouble shooting you down.
Cannons make a great combo with the water vents. As you are risen up, shoot to the ground, then keep shooting at the opposite direction of where you want to go.
To get a great launch pad boost in High point arena games and scrim matches, place a launch pad, then place a cone on the launch pad, then edit the cone to make a ramp, the higher part pointing at where you want to go. You will get a horizontal boost towards where you want to go.
Thank you for coming to guide #5. Tomorrow will be about Weapon Loadout.